Ember version 0.4.2 has been released and is now available from the WorldForge download site.
Ember is a fully functional 3d client for the WorldForge project. It’s meant to be as extensible as possible, to allow for future world builders to adapt it to their worlds or games.
This release updates the authoring tools, adds a dynamic sky and includes a new framework for matching and updating models against server entities.
- added a dynamic sky through the use of the Caelum plugin
- support for the outfit property, allowing for more diverse npcs
- added more authoring support, amongst them ability to move entities
- revamped terrain code for better stability and correctness
- added a new extensive framework for matching server entities and models
This version can be downloaded from the sourceforge download site, at the following locations:
Note that if you compile from source, you will need to install the content of ember-media-0.4.2.tar.bz2 to PREFIX/share/ember/media
More information can be found at the Ember site.