Sear 0.6.2 has been released. This version has task support allowing basic building tasks to be performed. Current tasks include chopping down trees, stripping branches and sharpening into stakes to facilitate stockade construction.
This release also contains many improvements to the rendering system and long standing rotation and positioning bugs have been fixed.
Major changes in this release
* Fixed long standing rotation and positioning bugs
* Support for tasks
* Fixed bugs allowing leaving the world and re-entering without crashing sear.
* Added config options to 3ds and md3 loaders to automatically resize objects.
* Added ability to use texture transforms to fix some 3ds rendering problems.
* Numerous GUI improvements
* Added basic weather rendering. (it rains)
* Updated to Eris 1.3.11 API
* Many other minor bug fixes and improvements
Sear can be obtained from the following locations:
As an alternative to using WFUT to obtain the media, a tarball is also available: sear-media-20060627.tar.gz
Sear is also available using WFUT. The channels sear-win32 and sear-linux contain the latest Sear release, and the channels sear-devel-win32 and sear-devel-linux contain nightly sear builds from CVS.
OS-X builds are expected to be available shortly.