Sear 0.6.3 has now been released. This version of Sear has a new method of representing character appearance based on clothing entities. It also fixes a crasher bug many users were reporting on Intel hardware. It also uses the newer Guichan 0.5.0 library.
Summary of Changes:
- Clothing appearance is now based on clothing entities.
- Fixed a crasher bug on Intel cards on Windows.
- Speed up rendering of static objects.
- Improve weather effects.
- Fixed selection of objects when many are visible at once.
- Look for media in multiple locations. Allows a read-only area and an update area to be used.
- Updated to use Guichan 0.5.0.
- Added new Sear file format for static 3-D objects.
- Numerous GUI improvements.
Sear can be obtained from the following locations:
- Source Package: sear-0.6.3.tar.gz
- Linux Auto Package: sear-0.6.3.x86.package
- Windows Installer: sear_win32_setup-0.6.3.exe
As an alternative to using WFUT to obtain the media, a tarball is also available: sear-media-20070206.tar.gz Sear is also available using WFUT. The channels sear-win32 and sear-linux contain the latest Sear release, and the channels sear-devel-win32 and sear-devel-linux contain nightly sear builds from CVS. Instructions for using Sear can be found on the WorldForge website. The quickstart guide is recommended as it explains the main features of Sear and the basic tasks in the game Mason.